Wednesday, April 10, 2013

"Sage"

 
11x14
 
 
July 4, 2012.  Walking the hills of Sandwash Basin, this bay stallion and his two mares, one with her foal in tow, were browsing in amongst the sage.  As I stood on a small hill, they worked their way towards me, glancing occasionally in my direction but not worried about my presence.  Reaching within about fifty feet of my position they stopped for an afternoon siesta, as if to welcome me to the fold and letting me know I was accepted on the range they call home. There they dozed for an hour or more, wind whistling over the barren landscape, through mustang manes and my mind.  This painting depicts a moment they were approaching my position and the stallion, Femur, raised his head giving me a glance before resuming his high noon grazing.  Such beautiful, strong, and powerful animals, yet wise and sentient at the same time.  Hence the title "Sage".
 
Purchase inquiries:  $1100 framed  www.lani@riverhawke.org

No comments: