Saturday, September 22, 2012

"Outlaw"

10x10
inquiries to: artsatdenver.com

This is my latest painting from the mustangs of the Sand Wash Basin herd, Outlaw.  Outlaw is  somewhat of an vagabond, attaching himself to various different bands as the mood suits him.  I am especially attached to this particular stallion as the very first horse I ever fell in love with was a little blue roan mare named Outlaw, and this Outlaw is colored like my daugher's little mare, Chinook, whom we lost several years back.  Even before I knew his name he stole my heart, for I first laid eyes on him as he came up beside me, not more than twenty yards to my right, as my attention had been on another stallion.  I turned, and there he was, facing down a stallion named Femur, and I witnessed my very first wild stallion encounter.  Not too much mind you, some squeeling and striking, but I was thrilled beyond believablity!  It was as if there were no humans around.  They were totally oblivious to our presence.

2 comments:

Dean H. said...

Beautifully done, Lani!

Ugh said...

Very, very impressed. Oil painters have my admiration.