Wednesday, August 24, 2011

RMPAP Steamboat Museum Show


Here are two of my paintings making the trip to Steamboat for the RMPAP Colors of Colorado Show opening September 2 at the Steamboat Museum, Steamboat, CO.  The first is a plein air, 11x14,  done at the top of Schofield Pass in Crested Butte last summer. Unbeknownst to me at the time, people have died going up that pass! But when you reach the point where you think that is a possibility, it's already too late to turn around or back up, so you keep going.  I ran into fellow artist Tom Lockhart just past the point of no return and told him if no one ever heard from me again to come looking up there!  Before he went back down he very graciously came to find me and make sure I was alright.  It was worth the risk!!  I have not had such a great day painting before or since!




This second painting is a larger, 18x24 studio piece done from the plein air. Though I included a few of the background mountains in this one it has remained fairly true to the original plein air.
The opening is September 2 at the  Steamboat Springs Museum.  There will be demos going on all weekend by various artists as well.

No comments: